1. ________________ is the process of introducing products into the market by using advertising and sales campaigns that promise consumers they will achieve gender ideals if they buy them.
|d.||The commercialization of gender ideals|
1. Mary’s supervisor tells her that the only way to prevent theft is to follow black customers as they shop. Mary complies because she does not want to lose her job. Mary is a
1. Some social critics maintain that the U.S. government classifies people of Middle Eastern and Arab ancestry as “white” because
|a.||the Middle East holds important symbolic values that whites with power to classify hoped to associate with their “race.”|
|b.||this ancestry group doesn’t fit clearly into the “black” category.|
|c.||most Middle Easterners self-classify themselves as white.|
|d.||the dominant population classifies Middle Easterners as “white.”|
1. Darius remarks “when people find out that I prefer country music to rap music they are surprised and say things like ‘a black guy who doesn’t like rap? What’s wrong with you?” This illustrates the dynamics underlying
|b.||racial common sense.|
1. Which one of the following occupations is not among the 10 leading occupations of employed women?
|a.||child care workers|
|c.||chief executive officers|
|d.||elementary and middle school teachers|
1. Which one of the following is not one of the six official racial categories in the United States?
|b.||American Indian or Alaskan Native|
|d.||Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander|