I’m working on a accounting test / quiz prep and need support to help me learn.
On January 1, 2018 Philly Corporation paid $40,500 for a 90% interest in Skelly Corporation. On that date Skelly capital stock was $25,000 and its Retained Earnings was $7,500. Any excess will be assigned to goodwill.
1. During 2018, Philly’s sales to Skelly were $12,000, Skelly managed to sell 50% of this merchandise. (The other half was sold in 2019.)
2. During 2019, Philly’s sales to Skelly were $15,000 of which Skelly managed to sell 40% of this merchandise. At year-end 2019, Skelly owed Philly $3,750 for the inventory purchased during 2019. Philly sells merchandise to Skelly at 120% of Philly’s cost.
3. On January 1, 2019, Philly sold equipment with a book value of $5,000 and a remaining useful life of four years and no salvage value to Skelly for $7,000. Straight-line depreciation is used.
4. Skelly’s income for 2018 was $10,000 and Skelly’s dividends received by Philly was $4,500
5. Separate company financial statements for Philly Corporation and Subsidiary at December 31, 2019 are summarized in the first two columns of the consolidation working papers.
1) Prepare all elimination entries in 2019 (Including the entries not affecting the consolidated Income statement). Show all your calculations.2) Complete the working papers to consolidate the financial statements of Philly Corporation and subsidiary for the year ended December 31, 2019ATTACHMENTSb326_the_final_2021.docx