Scenario: Severely underweight 12-year-old Hispanic girl with underweight parents who have been bullied in school just recently
Assignment Option 2: Child Health Case: (3–4 pages, not including title and reference pages )
Include the following:
- An explanation of the health issues and risks that are relevant to the child you were assigned.
- Describe additional information you would need in order to further assess his or her weight-related health.
- Identify and describe any risks and consider what further information you would need to gain a full understanding of the child’s health. Think about how you could gather this information in a sensitive fashion.
- Taking into account the parents’ and caregivers’ potential sensitivities, list at least three specific questions you would ask about the child to gather more information.
- Provide at least two strategies you could employ to encourage the parents or caregivers to be proactive about their child’s health and weight.
Assessment Tools, Diagnostics, Growth, Measurement, And Nutrition In Adults And Children