This week, you explore key statistical concepts related to data and problem solving through the completion of the following exercises using SPSS and the information found in your Statistics and Data Analysis for Nursing Research textbook. The focus of this assignment will be on correlation coefficients, tools that can help to determine the strength of the relationship between variables. Because multiple factors influence health care variables, it is important for you to understand how to calculate and interpret correlation coefficients.
- Review the Statistics and Data Analysis for Nursing Research chapters that you read as a part of the Week 6 Learning Resources. As you do so, pay close attention to the examples presented—they provide information that will be useful for you to recall when completing the software exercises. You may also wish to review the Research Methods for Evidence-Based Practice video resources.
- Refer to the Week 6 Correlations Exercises and follow the directions to calculate correlational statistics using Polit2SetB.sav data set.
- Compare your data output against the tables presented in the Week 6 Correlations Exercises SPSS Output document.
- Formulate an initial interpretation of the meaning or implication of your calculations.
- Complete the Part I and Part II steps and Assignments as outlined in the Week 6 Correlations Exercises page.