Help me study for my Engineering class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
On your own time, critically review the following videos and web sites:
Introduction to SDGs
- The Sustainable Development Goals – Action Towards 2030
- (5.52 mins)
- Emma Watson introduces The World’s Largest Lesson 2016 #2 – The Global Goal
- (5.28 mins)
- SDG Website
Role of engineers with SDGs
- Why are the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals so important?
- (1.55 mins)
- Engineers: Leaders in Sustainable Infrastructure Development
- (2.45 mins)
- Creating Sustainable Communities – Part I ASCE
- Discussion on the role engineers play in the Partnership for Sustainable Communities (7.21 mins)
Your assignment will be 1-2 pages
- In ≤ 5 sentences, a) explain what the Sustainable Development Goals are and b) your role as an engineer in achieving the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Make a table
- In the first column list 5 sustainable development goals you believe as a civil/environmental engineer you can contribute to (list the Goal Number and Title of the SDG (e.g., SDG #5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls).
- In the second column, list 2 specific targets associated with each of the five SDGs you identified that a civil/environmental engineer you can contribute to (e.g., Target 5.5: Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life).
One of the five SDGs you select should be SDG 11 (Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable).
- Understand the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Learn your role as an engineer in achieving sustainable development and the SDGs.
- Identify a minimum of five SDGs and several associated Targets that specifically relate to activities of civil and/or environmental engineering.