In this assignment, students will review the NIST cybersecurity framework and ISO 270001 certification process. In a visual format (such as table, diagram, or graphic) briefly explain the differences, similarities, and intersections between the two. Then, present the following in 750-1,000 words:
- A brief description of the NIST Cybersecurity framework
- A brief description of the ISO 270001 certification process
- The number of controls/sub-controls used in the NIST CSF and ISO 270001 certification process framework to support the protections around computer and cyber forensics
- An explanation as to why organizations should seek this framework and/or certification to base their security program strategy and decisions upon
- An explanation as to why ISO 270001 has rapidly become an industry best practice/standard against which organizations are basing their cybersecurity programs (including value-add, cost, and pros/cons)
Make sure to reference academic or NIST official publications (most current year available via the Internet) or other relevant sources published within the last 5 years.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.