Wood, J. T. (2016). Interpersonal communication: Everyday encounters (8th ed.). Boston,
- Think about the various issues that impact effective listening. With this in mind, determine a conversational context around which you will develop a demonstration of listening skills. Consider the various obstacles to effective listening as you imagine a conversation between two listeners.
- Write a 2- to 3-page conversational dialogue between two characters that demonstrates listening skills. Your dialogue must:
- Demonstrate at least one of the six steps in the listening process (pp. 163–168) .” [Step of Listening: Responding, p. 167].
- Demonstrate at least one obstacle to mindful listening (pp. 168–173)- [Obstacle to Listening: Prejudgment, pp. 170–171] or [ Message overload: p.168]
- Demonstrate at least one form of nonlistening (pp. 173–177)[Form of nonlistening Pseudolistening p.173]
- Demonstrate at least two forms of adapting listening skills (pp. 177–181)- Adapt Listening Appropriately, p. 182; Adapting Listening Skills: Control Obstacles, p. 178]. Minimal Encouragers, p. 180].understood [Adapting Listening Skills: Paraphrasing, p. 180; Adapting Listening Skills: Ask Questions, p. 178].Adapting Listening Skills: Use Aids to Recall, p. 178]. use two of these
- Demonstrate at least one guideline for effective listening (pp. 182–183)- [Ways to foster better listening: Be Mindful, p. 182].
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality