Throughout the previous weeks, we identified and discussed the elements of a Total Rewards Package. In an effort to lay the ground for the upcoming weeks, exploring some of these elements in further detail, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that is reflective of the following:
1) Type of position you are seeking if you were to leave your current position.
2) The location (if it matters where the job is located), compensation, and benefits you are wanting. You will want to consider the differences in cost of living when evaluating the compensation and benefits.
3) Using your current organization (if not currently working anywhere feel free to choose another organization you find interesting), identify and discuss your current total rewards package.
3) Select an organization or entity you are interested in working for, identifying and discussing the total rewards package offered. Look at both direct and indirect compensation.
(3) Compare the two packages, evaluating the pros and cons of each organization’s total rewards package and opportunity
(4) In closing, make the determination as to which organization you would choose and why.
The purpose of the assignment is that often times, when people are looking for a new job; they are often enticed by the direct compensation, i.e. the wages, not really giving any thought to the benefits before making their decisions. In addition, it is common for employees to be unaware of the benefits that are available to them as well as to access them. Besides becoming familiar with the benefits offered to employees by yours and other organizations, you be able to evaluate the total compensation being offered by organizations for the purpose of job offers and benchmarking to help your organization remain competitive.