Part 1: Enterprise Content Management and Data Governance Policies and Procedures Manual ( 25–30 total pages)
In the last few weeks, you have prepared the foundation for the enterprise content management manual by writing the Project Outline and Content Requirements, Implementation Life Cycle, Information Infrastructure Evaluation, Information Infrastructure Improvements, and Data Governance Evaluation sections. The final step in developing the enterprise content management manual is to document the changes that are necessary to improve the governance in the areas of data quality, data management, data policies, business process management, and risk management. In addition, you will prepare an implementation plan for the ECM and data governance policies and procedures you have defined. You will also further refine the document to produce the final version for the project. Updates may be based on peer and instructor feedback.
The following are the project deliverables:
- Update the Enterprise Content Management and Data Governance Policies and Procedures Manual title page with a new date and project name.
- Update the previously completed sections based on instructor feedback.
- Data Governance Improvements
- Data Quality
- Document the changes that are necessary to improve the governance currently in place related to data quality in the organization.
- Data Management
- Document the changes that are necessary to improve the governance currently in place related to data management in the organization.
- Data Policies Management
- Document the changes that are necessary to improve the governance currently in place related to data policies in the organization.
- Business Processes
- Document the changes that are necessary to improve the governance currently in place related to business processes in the organization.
- Risk Management
- Document the changes that are necessary to improve the governance currently in place related to risk management in the organization.
- Data Quality
- Implementation Plan
- Define the team required for the implementation of the ECM and data governance policies and procedures.
- Identify the key tasks required for implementation, including time and resource requirements.
- Assign key tasks to implementation team members.
- Develop a project timeline.
- Establish key implementation milestones.
Complete the Enterprise Content Management and Data Governance Policies and Procedures Manual final version, by doing the following:
- Review the entire document for any changes and improvements you would like to make.
- Ensure that this final version of the document is sufficiently detailed to meet the requirements of the assignment.
- Any previous instructor feedback should be addressed with appropriate changes.
- Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.
- Name the document “yourname_IT621_IP5.docx.”
Please refer to the Worked Example below for an example of this assignment based on the Problem-Based Learning Scenario. The worked example is not intended to be a complete example of the assignment but will illustrate the basic concepts required for completion of the assignment and can be used as a general guideline for your own project. Your assignment submission should be more detailed and specific and should reflect your own approach to the assignment rather than just following the same outline provided in the worked example.
Note that the worked example includes material from previous worked examples. The new material will be found under the Week 5 sections of the Table of Contents.
The worked example is provided here to help with this assignment.
Part 2: Argumentation PowerPoint (5 slide, excluding Title and References slides)
Envision that you now have to present your solution to your client. You need to make a formal presentation to a group of stakeholders, and you need to be prepared to answer their questions. As a final step in the project, you will create a PowerPoint presentation in which you provide the following:
- In the Notes pages of each slide and based on the context of the information on that slide, provide a narrative of 2–3 paragraphs of your rationale for the data governance improvements that you are recommending.
- On each slide, identify the evidence that you have to support the argument(s).
- All sources used to support your argument and solution should be cited both in-text (on slide or in Notes section) and on a References slide in APA format.
- Name the document “yourname_IT621_IP5.pptx.”