For this assignment, you must write a paper that explains business contingency, continuity, disaster, and crisis foundations for an organization of your choice. The organization should be a medium to a large organization that is dependent on information systems and significantly exposed should they fail. You may use an actual organization you are familiar with that needs improvements in information systems contingency planning or you can conduct an online search for an organization using several of the following keywords: sample, example, case study, business continuity, disaster recovery, information systems.
Begin by selecting an organization and then writing a short paper about the organization. Your paper should include the following:
- Description of the organization
- Description of the industry, location, and processes the organization requires to operate
- Rationale about the relevance of the organization as a suitable target for the course
- The meaning and the role of information technology for each of the following terms:
- Business contingency
- Business continuity
- Disaster recovery
- Crisis management
- Business impact analysis
- Data protection and data backup requirements
- Ideas and concerns for the broader business continuity arena of the organization
- Potential challenges that might make business continuity planning difficult
Length: 8 page academic paper, not including title and references.
References: Cite at least 6 recent scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to produce a plagiarism report.