Throughout this course you have examined the process of a criminal case and learned about constitutional protections for individuals. This final paper will require you to comprehensively explain all that you have learned thus far. Write a paper that details the entire criminal justice process for a felony criminal charge.
- Summarize all of the steps between arrest, pre-trial, trial, and appeals (both state and federal appeal possibilities).
- Explain the contingencies for each stage of the proceedings and address all possible outcomes.
- Analyze how constitutional protections for the defendant work at each stage of the proceeding.
- Evaluate whether the system effectively deals with criminal prosecutions, or whether changes or improvements are required.
- Provide recommendations to make the system more fair and ethical for all those involved.
For help completing this assignment, please reference the Sample Paper
- The Criminal Justice Process Final Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center