The senior network architect at Corporation Techs has informed you that the existing border firewall is old and needs to be replaced. He recommends designing a demilitarized zone (DMZ) to increase network perimeter security. He also wants to increase the security of network authentication, replacing the current username and password approach.
For this part of the project, perform the following tasks:
1. Research and select firewalls for the Corporation Techs network.
a. Describe each firewall, why you selected it, and where it should be placed for maximum effectiveness.
b. Address network, server, and workstation firewalls.
2. Describe a plan for creating a DMZ, and explain how it makes the network more secure.
3. Research network authentication and create a high-level plan for secure authentication to internal network resources.
4. Create a draft report detailing all information as supportive documentation.
5. Cite sources, where appropriate.
- Internet access
§ Course textbook
- Format: Microsoft Word (or compatible)
- Font: Arial, size 12, double-space
- Citation style: Your school’s preferred style guide
- Length of report: 3–4 pages