Each group has been assigned either a vendor who produces several database platforms or a class of database platforms. For this assignment, you are going to do a detailed technical and business evaluation of the assigned vendor and/or a database class.
- Group 1- Microsoft Databases (Access, SQL Server, Azure SQL DB etc.)
- Group 2 – IBM Databases (IBM DB2, Informix, Netezza etc)
- Group 3 – Amazon Databases (Aurora, RDS, Redshift, etc)
- Group 4 – Open Source DBS (MySQL, PostgresDB, MariaDB, SQLite etc)
- Group 5 – GPU Databases (Kinetica, SQream, BlazingDB, Omnisci etc)
- Group 6- Graph Databases (Neo4j, Neptune, NoSQL, Cayley, Titan, Teradata Aster etc)
- Group 7 – Google Databases (Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner)
- Group 8 – Oracle Databases (Oracle & Sun-Owned)
Each group must answer the following questions in the form of a 15-20 page. Pretend you are trying to sell the CEO of a company on why they should move their database to the assigned platform when making presentation. Make the presentation clear, concise, and don’t get into the weeds too much. Simply answer the questions in your words. You must cite everything you write. Following APA is a strict requirement. Each group will be required to create a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION (not a Research Paper)QUESTIONS
- What are the key database products made by the vendor OR the key database platforms available under the database category (pick at least three for this presentation)
- If a vendor, who are the competitors to the platform? If a database technology class, who is the clear leader and why?
- What industries are these database vendor tools or database technology platforms used in? Is the market increasing or decreasing for technology?
- What are the key features for each of these database platforms? What are differentiators compared to other database platforms in its like-kind class?
- Are these databases used on-premise only? Cloud-based only? Mainframe only? Explain the infrastructure use case for each of these databases that you are discussing.
- Provide three (3) business uses for why a customer/client would want to use your vendors/class of database technology in their environment.
- What are key technical skills a data administrator or database administrator would require if they use this platform?
- Where do you believe this technology will be in 3-5 years?
- Graphics are essential. A minimum of 8-10 graphics should be included that are meaningful. Custom graphics/tables are preferred!
- If you put figures or tables in your slides, you have to make your own tables and figures. Please don’t copy and paste it from the reference.