Using the readings up till now, the readings for Class 11 to answer the following questions:
Current Concepts (45 pts)
• What is the competitive advantage of Toys “R” Us and how will it help in Japan?
– Low-cost leader or differentiator (1st Mover, 2nd Mover, Niche) (5 pts)
– Late Mover Advantages for Toys R Us in Japan (5 pts)
– Demand vs Supply Side Scope economies (5 pts)
– Global vs Adaptive products (5 pts)
• Has Toys “R” Us selected the best entry strategy and the best partner for Japan?
– ADDING Value Scorecards (15 pts)
– Economic Analysis of Japan’s Toy Business (10 pts)
Clarity & Language/compare to Haier case, Wedgwood case & Concepts (15 pts each)
see annexes ( attached table) please
2 pages full
Readings for Class 11 (Notes)
ADDING Value Scorecard:
A – Adding volume, or growth;
D – Decreasing costs;
D – Differentiating or increasing willingness—to—pay;
I – Improving industry attractiveness or bargaining power;
N – Normalizing (or optimizing) risk;
G – Generating and deploying knowledge (and other resources and capabilities).