Health Organization Evaluation
Research a health care organization or network that spans several states with in the United States (United Healthcare, Vanguard, Banner Health, etc.). Assess the readiness of the health care organization or network you chose in regard to meeting the health care needs of citizens in the next decade.
Prepare a 1,000-1,250 word paper that presents your assessment and proposes a strategic plan to ensure readiness. Include the following:
1. Describe the health care organization or network.
2. Describe the organization’s overall readiness based on your findings.
3. Prepare a strategic plan to address issues pertaining to network growth, nurse staffing, resource management, and patient satisfaction.
4. Identify any current or potential issues within the organizational culture and discuss how these issues may affect aspects of the strategic plan.
5. Propose a theory or model that could be used to support implementation of the strategic plan for this organization. Explain why this theory or model is best.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
1 . Health Care Organization or Network – Health care organization or network is clearly and accurately described.
2. Assessment of Overall Organizational Readiness – Assessment of overall organizational readiness is described in detail. Degree of organizational readiness is established. Strong evidence and rationale support the assessment.
3. Strategic Plan – The strategic plan is well developed. Network growth, nurse staffing, resource management, and patient satisfaction are addressed in detail. The plan is supported with strong evidence and rationale.
4. Identification of Current or Potential Issues in Organizational Culture and Impact of These to Strategic Plan - Current or potential issues in the organizational culture are clearly identified. The potential impact of these on the strategic plan is thoroughly described and supported with evidence and rationale.
5. Theory Model to support implementation of strategic plan – Theory or model to support strategic plan implementation is proposed. The theory or model demonstrates strong support for implementation of the strategic plan for the organization. Compelling rationale supports why the theory or model is the best choice.
6 . Thesis Development and Purpose – Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
7 . Argument, Logic and Construction – Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
8. Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use) – Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
9. Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment) – Appropriate template is fully used. There are virtually no errors in formatting style.
10. Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style) – Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style)