Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Review the following cases:
- Connick v. Thompson: 563 U.S. _____, 131 S.Ct. 1350, 179 L.Ed.2d 417 (2011)
- Hardy v. Cross: 565 U.S. _____, 132 S. Ct. 1626; 182 L. Ed. 2d 224 (2011)
- United States v. Ruiz: 536 U.S. 622; 122 S. Ct. 2450; 153 L. Ed. 2d 586 (2002)
In each case, the appellant raises a number of legal issues.
Pay particularly close attention to the issues raised by the appellant concerning the conduct of these trial participants. For each case, complete the following:
- Identify the issue raised concerning the trial attorneys.
- Was the concern about the defense attorney’s behavior or the prosecutor?
- What concern is the appellant raising?
- How did the appellant state that the actions of the attorney affected the appellant’s ability to receive a fair trial?
- What did the Supreme Court state about the attorneys’ behavior?
- How did the Supreme Court decide?