Deliverable 4 – Create a Draft of an Introduction Section for a Research Paper
Draft a paper that answers the research question based on findings.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are a first-year graduate student. You are taking a graduate course on research and writing. In this assignment, your professor has asked you to write the introduction section of a research paper for a research question/problem in which you are interested.
Write the introduction section of a research paper for your professor. This section should:
- Clearly identify the research question/problem.
- Pique the reader’s interest in your research paper.
- Analyze why the research question/problem is important by reviewing studies that have addressed the question/problem. Summarize groups of studies, not necessarily individual ones. The studies that you cite should be recent, published in the last 5-10 years. Older studies may be cited if they have been widely referenced by others.
- Evaluate the deficiencies/gaps in the studies.
- Explain how your research paper will address the deficiencies/gaps of past studies and how it will contribute to the scholarly research.
- Explain what you expect to find by performing research on this question.
- What benefits will the findings have and on whom?
- Establish the purpose and the thesis of your research paper.
For writing assistance, please visit the Rasmussen University Writing Guide.
For help with APA, visit the Rasmussen University APA Guide.
Library databases such as the following are great resources for this project:
- Health Sciences
- CINAHL Plus
- Health Sciences and Nursing via ProQuest
- Business Source Complete
- Business via ProQuest
- Another database that you may be interested in knowing about is ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. You can view original research, view research design, data gathering techniques, etc.
HSA5000CBE Section 01CBE Scholarly Research And Writing (11 Weeks) – CBE – 2021 Summer Quarter Deliverable 4 – Create A Draft Of An Introduction Section For A Research Paper