Leading is a function of management when considered as the process of influencing others in an organization to act in a certain manner. However, in the broader sense, if leadership is considered a transformative act, it is considered as its own discipline, separate from the functions of management.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Explain the organizational structuring and approaches, systems thinking, corporate governance, and current issues impacting managers.
- Identify the nature of leadership which includes vision, power, and ethics.
- Review the importance of followership.
Additional Resources to Use for Paper
- Textbook Readings (see attachment 1)
- Presentation: Where Will We Find Tomorrow’s Leaders? (See the bottom of attachment 1)
- Seven Habits of Unproductive Thinking (See Attachment 2)
- The Control Function of Management (See Attachment 3)
Write a paper dealing with two topics. The first topic is integration of Satterlee chapter 3 (see attachment 1) with the reading & study material and your research (see attachment 1, 2, and 3). Discuss the 4 most important concepts you have learned.
The second topic is Integration of Satterlee chapter 4 (see attachment 1) with the reading & study material and your research (see attachment 1, 2, and 3). Discuss the 4 most important concepts you have learned.
Each paper must use current APA format, peer-reviewed references, and the articles and/or websites provided in the class (see bottom of attachment1 and attachments 2 and 3). The paper must also be written in a substantive manner without spelling and grammar errors at the graduate level.