In this discussion, you will explore effective strategies for writing requests, replies, and positive messages. You will create and share your business messages for further review and peer analysis.
Respond to the topics listed below while keeping the requirements in mind.
- See Assignments and Grading for general discussion requirements.
- The Routine Request should be a minimum of three complete paragraphs and should be formatted as an email, memo, or letter.
- Evaluate your message for the use of authentic voice, correct grammar, correct spelling, complete paragraphs and proper word usage. Note: You are creating a routine request message and posting the message in the discussion forum to share with the group. The message should be written in a Word document. Students can copy and paste the message into the discussion forum.
- First post due 11:59 p.m., Sunday, CT.
- Respond to two or more classmates by 11:59p.m., Wednesday, CT.
DISCUSSION TOPICS FOR THE WEEK:
Select a request topic from the list provided below. After reviewing the information provided in Chapter 10 regarding strategies for routine requests, write a routine request message in any format you wish (email, memo, letter).
- Asking for a recommendation
- Requesting an adjustment
- Requesting information
- Message requesting immediate action