Select a company or organization that you currently work for, a company/organization where you previously worked, or a company/organization you aspire to work for in the future.
The management at your organization has approved funding for a brand new full-time position. This position is eligible for full benefits. As an HR professional, you have been tasked with creating a detailed job description for this new position. You can use your current job, a former job, or a position you would like to move into.
Based on what you know and have learned about job analysis, employment laws, and safe working environments, create a job description for this new position, and write a 4–6 page paper that includes the following:
- Write a company overview that summarizes the company’s vision, mission, and organizational strategy.
- List three or more qualifications for the position including required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Include specific academic and technical skills and any required professional affiliations, licenses, or previous experience.
- Describe three or more ways the duties and responsibilities associated with this role reflect the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Explain the purpose the job/position serves within the company.
- Explain how you determined the duties and qualifications for the job.
- Identify which employment laws were considered when creating the job description.
- Note: The numbered assignment requirements outlined above correspond to the grading criteria in the assignment scoring guide, so be sure to address each point. The bulleted content below the numbered criteria is there to clarify, support, and contextualize the assignment instructions.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a detailed job description with a rationale for each element.
Job Analysis And Job Description