Module 2.6 pH is a measure of the acidity of a solution.
Answer the following questions as you read the module:
1. A solution where water is the solvent is called a(n) solution.
2. Label the diagram with the following terms: hydroxide ion and hydrogen ion.
3. What are two negative effects of too much acid in nature?
4. Complete the pH scale with the following terms/phrases: greater H+, lower H+, H+ = OH−.
5. As the pH increases the [ H+ ] ____, and as the pH decreases the [ H+ ] ____.
A) decreases; increases
B) increases; decreases
C) increases; stays the same
D) decreases; stays the same
6. Complete the following table regarding acids and bases.
Effect on H+ when dissolved in H2O