ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY, STRUCTURE, CHANGE, & CULTURE
Organizational structure is a key factor in the success of an organization. Moreover, organizational theories assist in addressing business needs successfully by highlighting specific organizational problems and how a suitable structure can deal with them. As a health care professional, you should have a keen understanding of various organizational theories in order to apply them as needed for the success of your organization and/or department.
Chapter 2 of A Primer of Organization Theories in Health Care (pgs. 27 – 47) discusses the following organization theories in health care:
- Structural Contingency Theory
- Resource Dependence Theory
- Institutional Theory
- Population Ecology
- Principal-Agent Theory
- Transaction Cost Economics
- Social Network Theory
- Complexity Theory
Based on your readings and additional research, complete the following:
- Discuss the importance of organizational theory in health care
- Use the below chart to define and identify the pros and cons of each theory in detail.
Transaction Cost Economics
In 1-2 pages, identify how the theories interact with one another. Provide health care examples in your writing.
Your scholarly paper should include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages.
- Support your analysis with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- Georgetown University Library (n.d.) Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content