Two pages (650-750 words), double-spaced thoughtful response essay to one of the assigned readings.
- You must state what the author’s main argument or claim is.
- You must share some of the evidence that the author uses to back up their claims.
- You must respond to the article, i.e. analyze the claims and evidence
- You must connect the article’s premise to other course material and/or a personal experience that shows that you understand the main argument and can connect to a novel situation.
- Your paper should be relatively free from grammatically errors, it should be in academic tone/style, and be in essay format with an intro paragraph.
- You must cite all references to the article and other course material using in-text citations (author’s last name and page number). No need for outside research or a “works cited” page (unless you bring in outside sources)
- Choose any article from Unit Two:
- Sterling “The Five Sexes”
- Reis “Divergence or Disorder”
- Seidman “Revolting Against Sexual Identity”
- Lang “Lesbians, Men-women, and Two-spirits”
- Blackwood “Culture and Women’s Sexualities”
- Murphy “Redirecting Sexual Orientation…”
- Nanda “Hijra and Sadhin: Neither man nor woman in India”
- Kulick “The gender of Brazilian transgendered (sic) prostitutes”
Nanda “Hijra and Sadhin: Neither man nor woman in India”