Research available information/data on immigrants from any count in Michigan. Referencing the 2000 and 2010 U.S. Census for your county, describe what immigration related information you can discover.
Questions to guide your inquiry:
- What is the change in immigrant population from the 2000 to 2010 Census? Has it increased or decreased?
- Is there information on employment, housing, language spoken at home, health insurance status?
- Does the Census distinguish between documented and undocumented?
- What sources of information are available for undocumented immigrants?
- How does all the above impact the providing of culturally competent health care in your county?
nformation on employment