Using the concepts and ideas learned in the Tutorials 1-9 of Lau and Chan (2017) (Links to an external site.), write a letter (your letter’s body should be an APA-formatted essay) to a public or business official who rejects the scientific consensus on an important issue. In this letter/essay, address the following questions:
- How would you define scientific theories and how they operate?
- Why do scientists employ the idea of falsifiability?
- How would you try to convince this person to examine the issue using the scientific method in order to come to clear and careful assessments?
- Why would you argue for engaging scientific, peer-reviewed sources on the issue?
- Cite all claims and ideas using scholarly sources.
- Include at least one scholarly source that is not part of the required or recommended reading for this course. The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these scholarly sources.
- Your submission should be 4-5 pages in length (not including the title page and reference page). Format your submission according to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
You may wish to review the Letter Template to Public or Business Official (found in the module folder) for help formatting your essay according to the requirements. If you need assistance with your writing style or you need writing tips or tutorials, visit the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
Requirements: .doc file