The purpose of this assignment is to develop an interviewing presence and practice pitching your experiences, abilities, and personality traits in a manner that is attractive and persuasive to potential employers.
Utilizing the professional resumé and cover letter you created in the previous Professional Resume and Cover Letter assignment, create an 7-12 slide PowerPoint presentation to use for a professional interview. Your presentation should contain the following elements:
- Title page (with Loom link).
- Introduction slide, be sure to include your contact information.
- Integrate the job position you are applying for including the job description.
- Integrate concisely your work experience that connects your strengths, abilities, and personality traits to the job description.
- Demonstrate why you should be considered for the position.
- Integrate required interview questions (see below).
- Include a closing slide with final statements.
Once you have finalized your PowerPoint presentation, develop a 2-4-minute personal pitch video responding to the following questions based on the job you have selected. Using Loom, record yourself presenting your PowerPoint and addressing the following interview questions:
- Why should we hire you for this position?
- What motivates you?
- What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How do you use your weaknesses as a strength?
- If you are hired, what is the most important thing you will contribute to our organization?
- What are your goals for the future and where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Refer to the resource, “Loom,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on recording your presentation. Please be sure to include only the link to Loom and do not attempt to attach Loom files.
Place the Loom link on the Title page of your presentation and submit to the assignment drop box. Ensure that your camera and microphone are operational, professional appearance is expected.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.