Tympanic Membrane and Thyroid Gland
Using the classroom resources or South University Online Library, research the tympanic membrane and the thyroid gland. In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, address each of the following criteria.
- Two focused health assessment histories
- One assessment related to the tympanic membrane and the other focused on the thyroid gland.
- The assessments can be hypothetical patients or patients you have had in the past (remember HIPAA if you are describing a previous patient).
- A description of the normal and abnormal findings of the tympanic membrane.
- Information on how to examine the thyroid gland using both the anterior and posterior methods.
- A concise note in the subjective, objective, assessment (be sure to include the NANDA diagnosis as well as the medical diagnosis), and plan (SOAP) format with each patient’s encountered findings.
- For a review of SOAP notes:
- SOAP Documentaion
- Information about laboratory/diagnostic tests used for screening clients with tympanic membrane or thyroid gland issues.
- Include the expected normal results for each test.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.