Once you have reviewed ALL the content carefully, Answer the questions below in at least 5-7 sentences EACH.
- Explain Race, how it was formed, how it’s not real and how it still works. You must use at least one example From EACH of the 7 videos on Race: The Power of an Illusion (7 examples total)
- Create a timeline of Race with at least 5-7 bullet points
- Give at least 1 example of how Government or Market policies have made it easier for White Americans to generate more wealth than people of color. What are your thoughts on this?
- If we actually look at genes, how different are people from each other?
- Comment on 2 other races that you do not belong to and what they might experience that you can’t possibly understand fully. Use examples from the last 4 videos on Race.
- Explain the difference between Biological Sex, Gender and Sexuality. Explain the complexities that our culture tends to simplify.
- Some people believe that LGBTQ rights are a new “modern” phenomenon. What did you learn about Native American culture that contradicts this and what are your thoughts on this? (The Way of the Two-Spirit People article)
- Explain how Gender, just like Race is not real but rather a social construct that changes based on the society of the people who reinforce it. (we are not talking about Sex or Sexuality but Gender-understanding the difference is an important part of this lesson)
- People are not just born either male or female. Explain. Compare with your thoughts and beliefs before this class.
- What questions do you have about this lesson. Other thoughts?
Tips for a successful assignment:
- College-level writing requires that you explain your thoughts clearly-for this reason you must use 5-7 sentences minimum EACH QUESTION. OR YOUR ASSIGNMENT WILL NOT BE GRADED.
- Take time to process your thinking. Think about what surprised you, what contradicted your existing thoughts and why the information is important.
- Look at your notes (you should be taking notes in as you view the lessonsThe content is not easy and you
- Don’t assume your reader knows what you’re talking about, explain all thoughts and ideas fully
- Don’t rush-it’s always obvious when you don’t take enough time to complete assignments.
Race Gender And Sexuality