Translating knowledge into practice establishes evidence-based practice (EBP) within the nursing profession. Nurse practitioners participate in the dissemination of research evidence to support the creation of practice interventions. The purpose of this assignment is to prepare students to disseminate evidence to support practice. Students will synthesize the information they have gathered during the course to formulate a presentation advocating for a practice change in relation to an area of interest to NP practice.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes:
- CO1: Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1,4)
- CO2: Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve health outcome. (PO 1, 2)
- CO3: Demonstrate professional and personal growth through a spirit of inquiry, scholarship, and service in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 3, 4)
- CO4: Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
- CO5: Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 5)
In Week 7, students will create a PowerPoint slide show with notes pages discussing their PICOT question, literature review, and recommendations for change. In Week 8, students will create a Kaltura recording of the presentation for the Peer Discussion thread.
Criteria for Content
Students will synthesize the information they have gathered during the course to formulate a presentation advocating for a practice change in relation to an area of interest to NP practice.