CO1: Integrate evidence-based and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1,4)
CO2: Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve health outcome. (PO 1, 2)
CO3: Demonstrate professional and personal growth through a spirit of inquiry, scholarship, and service in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 3, 4)
CO4: Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
CO5: Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advance holistic care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 2, 5
- Reflection: write 1-2 https://blog.keenessays.com/2021/07/05/prepare-a-block-diagram-of-overall-video-surveillance-system/ paragraphs reflecting on your learning for the week. Guiding questions are provided or you may write about what you felt was most significant to you for the week.
- What experiences have you had with EBP or QI in your practice area?
- What factors in your practice area support EBP? What barriers to EBP do you see?
- What do you think your role in research will be as an NP?
Gray, J. R., Grove, S. K., & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns and Grove’s the practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.). Elsevier.
- Chapter 1: Discovering the World of Nursing Research
Greenhalgh, T. (2019). How to read a paper: The basics of evidence-based medicine and healthcare (Links to an external site.) (6th ed.). Wiley-Blackwell.
- Chapter 1: Why read papers at all?
- Chapter 2: Searching the literature
Hain, D. (2017). Focusing on the fundamentals: Comparing and contrasting nursing research and quality improvement (Links to an external site.). Nephrology Nursing Journal, 44(6), 541-543.