Research Proposal (200 pts.): Students will develop a proposal for a research study of their own design. This paper should be 10-14 pages long, double-spaced, and in APA format (7th ed.) In this paper students will include the following:
· Title Page – include your title, name, and university affiliation
· Abstract – summarize the points of your main paper
· Hypotheses – create at least two clear hypotheses based on a topic of your choosing
· Literature Review –support your hypotheses through previous research studies (5-7 pages, with 5 sources from scientific journals only)
· Methods Section (3-5 pages)
o Participants – provide descriptive statistics on the characteristics of those who you would like to be in the sample
o Measures – describe the questions/items/scales that are used to address your hypothesis.
o Procedure/Data analysis – describe how the information would be collected and the research method; explain what type of analysis will be performed to address your hypothesis.
· Reference page
NO class Presentation or visual aids (e.g., PowerPoint) are required.
Ø Use of Sources:
Students are must utilize scholarly peer-reviewed articles. All sources should be formatted in APA style, 7th edition (see Purdue Owl guide above).