Political and economic problems today transcend international boundaries. Schiller International University’s International Relations and Diplomacy program equips students with the expertise they need in order to pursue a life in government, business and journalism and at international organizations and law firms, or to continue graduate studies in political science and international relations.
Schiller International University students initially pursue courses of study in liberal arts in order to give them a thorough foundation in history, economics, political science and international relations.
In their final two years of study, students will go on to apply their analytical skills to case studies, debates and on-site visits.
The international relations program equips students with the expertise they need to pursue careers with international organizations, in law, government, business or journalism, and to move onto graduate programs in political science and international relations if desired.
Political and economic problems often transcend national boundaries and encompass scientific, technological, cultural and humanitarian concerns. The SIU program in International Relations and Diplomacy prepares student to pursue careers in government, international organizations, law, business, journalism, or for graduate study in political science and related areas. This degree is available at all SIU campuses and through Online Learning.
Graduates of the International Relations and Diplomacy program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of international relations concepts and ideas.
- Display competence in oral and written communication as it relates to international relations.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to matters related to international relations and diplomacy.
- Analyze key issues associated with international organizations, multilateral processes and the non-governmental sector that operate in international politics.
- Exhibit appreciation for multiculturalism and global diversity.