Discuss one of the following topics.
- SDLC (**specifically what it represents per the course textbook)
- agile development method
- OO development method
- Clarify what constitutes a system (related to this course), systems analysis, and systems design.
Use an example to demonstrate your understanding.
- If you chose the topic SDLC, provide some development scenarios that are best suited or unsuited for this method. Explain what makes one example suitable versus another. In the textbook, SDLC is not a term that represents all development methods. Many authors use SDLC as a term to represent all methods. Make sure that you clarify your point of view.
- If you chose the topic agile or OO, provide some development scenarios that are best suited or unsuited for this method. Explain what makes one example suitable versus another.
- If you chose to discuss systems, describe an example system and explain what makes it a system versus something that is not. Do the same thing with systems design and systems analysis. You do not need to provide general information or cover every possible area of these topics, just in general, through the use of examples you came up with on your own.
Start your post by stating which topic you chose.
- Your examples can be derived from your current working environment, experience, or invented for this forum. Repeating an example that you found in an external source will not demonstrate your understanding of the topic.
- You need to demonstrate that you understand the concepts you chose to discuss. If your contribution is copied and pasted, properly paraphrased, or properly quoted without any of your ideas, you will not demonstrate that you understand the concepts.
- When you are graded for any work in this course, I am assessing your comprehension. In order for me to do that, you need to demonstrate that you understand.
- This is a required assignment worth 20 points.
- Do not claim credit for others’ words, ideas, or concepts, by failing to identify your sources. It is plagiarism.
- Post content
- Are you writing entirely off-topic? Off-topic posts degrade the quality of the forum. You will not earn points for posts not relevant to the objectives for this discussion board.
- You are not required to use external sources in this class. However, if you do, use credible sources.11 Not everything on the internet is accurate; go figure!
- You must cite and reference every source you paraphrase, quote, or refer to in your post, per APA 7.
- Check your content for proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar before posting. If I cannot understand what you meant, you will not demonstrate an understanding.
- There is no length requirement. It is not about the number of words in your post; it is the content that matters.
- Formatting your post
- Your citations and references need to conform to APA 7 formatting.
- Cover page content? Unnecessary. Distracting.
- Hanging indent? Unnecessary. Not needed.
- Do not attach your posts. Write in Blackboard.
- When you reply to peers
- Stick to the forum topics; connect to the content your peer provided.
- If you write something like, “Your post is great. Here are a few points of my own,” you have not written a peer response; that is a general post.
- Do not forget to credit sources used in peer responses, per APA 7.
Software Development Models And Systems