Base on this research Early Empowerment Strategies Boost Self-Efficacy to Improve Cardiovascular Health Behaviors (nih.gov) extract the following information.
1. Introduction Motivation/Problem/Issue/Purpose Statement
• What is the focus of the research study?
• What specific problem/issue are researchers trying to solve?
• Why is this issue important to nursing?
• What is the purpose of the research?
• What is the research question/hypothesis?
(NOTE: This section should include the importance of the research and the potential impact of research results on patient outcomes; answers the ‘Why?’ question.)
2. Setting/ sampling
• In what setting does the research study take place? Who is the target population?
• What are the eligibility criteria?
• What sampling strategy was used?
(NOTE: This section answers the ‘Where?’ and ‘Who’ questions.)
3. Methods/Data Collection/Data Analysis
• What was the study design?
• What instruments were used to collect data?
• Cronbach α?
• What statistical tests were used to analyze data?
(NOTE: This section answers the ‘How?’ question.)
• What were the principal results?
• Were results statistically significant?
• Did results answer the research question?
(NOTE: This section answers the ‘What?’ question.)
• What are the implications of the results?
• What do the findings mean?
• Are findings clinically significant?
• What do results mean to nursing practice? for patient outcomes?
(NOTE: This section answers the ‘What now?’ question.)
• What were the study weaknesses?
• What further research could be done in this area?
(NOTE: This section answers the ‘What next?’