Use the preparation elements of the template as a resource in finalizing CHAPTER 1 and developing your abstract and introduction. Additionally, refer to the APA manual, pages 25–28, for detailed instructions as to how to complete this portion of your research proposal.
Finalizing Chapter 1
The purpose of the introduction is to explain and justify how you plan to answer the research question.
Remember: To meet this goal, you must begin with a description of the research problem and an explanation that describes how the research problem led to the current research question.
· Summarize briefly what is known so far about the phenomena under investigation; describe what needs to be known in order to advance the knowledge base.
· Address briefly the major themes identified in the literature review.
· Summarize the design approach, identify whether it is qualitative or quantitative.
· Summarize briefly the expected results.
· Summarize implications for the research community.
· Apply ethical principles and standards of psychology to the research proposal.
Include the abstract of the project. The abstract is a synopsis of the introduction and distills the entire project into a synopsis of 300 words or less. Use the preparation elements of the template as a resource in writing your abstract.
· Font and spacing: Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced pages.
· Style and format: Use current APA guidelines for style and format.