LITERARY ANALYSIS with RESEARCH PAPER:
ANALYZING and COMPARING TWO SHORT STORIES
Weight: 20% Due: March 27
Write a clear, concise, and focused essay of approximately 1200 words in which you analyze and compare two stories from “Short Fiction” section in your textbook. Choose from the following list of short stories: Alistair Macleod, “The Boat,” Katherine Mansfield, “Miss Brill,” Flannery O’Connor, “A Good Man is Hard to Find,” Alice Munro, “something I’ve Been Meaning to Tell You,” Margaret Laurence, “To Set Our House in Order,” Raymond Carver, “Cathedral,” and Timothy Findley, “Stones.”
Remember that you can focus on similarities and/or differences in the story elements you choose to work with. That is, comparison also involves contrast. Use APA documentation style for this assignment’s in-text citations and Reference page.
Develop your comparison/contrast around one of these general subjects. This is your basis of comparison, and it will help you formulate your thesis statement and your essay’s title.
- coming-of-age in two stories
- gender conflict in two stories
- generation conflict in two stories
- spirituality/religion in two stories
- romantic love in two stories
Compare and contrast how the most appropriate combination of story elements from this list works together with the theme of each story to illuminate the basis of comparison. Choose a maximum of two elements from this list.
- point of view
Be sure to review definitions and commentary on these terms throughout this module.
THIS ESSAY MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- It must have an interesting introductory paragraph of 100 – 120 words; the introduction should present/contextualize the subject material and have a clearly stated thesis that is in the proper location.
- It must have a concluding paragraph of 100 – 120 words.
- It must have at least three evenly developed BODY paragraphs (200-250 words each) with clearly stated topic sentences that indicate the subject of the paragraph and connect back to the thesis.
- Each paragraph ought to include at least one direct quote or paraphrase and other necessary references to the text in order to provide specific details to prove its claims; these need it-text citations in APA format
- It must include at least THREE scholarly secondary sources.
To get the best mark possible on all your essays, be sure you can answer the following in the affirmative before you hand in your work.
- I have carefully followed assignment instructions.
- I have followed the conventions of the academic essay.
- I have used appropriate literary theory, concepts, and terminology.
- I have developed main and sub-points with sufficient evidence from the work(s) and outside sources where required.
- I have acknowledged all paraphrased, summarized, and quoted evidence with in-text citations in the APA style.
- I have cross-referenced those citations on a Reference page.
- I have carefully followed the conventions of language use (grammar, spelling/usage, punctuation, and mechanics).
- I have provided continuity within and between paragraphs with effective transitions.
- I have used a consistent point of view throughout the essay.
- I have demonstrated my personal writing style for appropriate tone and overall impact.
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers